Weeknotes 68 - Bin Bag Trauma
Quick bullet points weeknotes this week, going OG style.
- I actually got excited by an App notification on my phone that wasn't something I'd specifically asked for.
pinged me, letting me know you could now just buy books with credits via the app rather than bouncing through
- I will spend hours slightly tweaking some bit of code, and that's fine, but printing out address labels and
sellotaping them onto envelopes took too many seconds. So I bought a pack of laser-printer sticky label sheets,
enjoyed the ease of just printing, peeling and sticking. I've saved minutes.
- I lost those minutes trying to open a bin bag, I nearly cried. I'd just done the bins and put them out into
wheelie bin. I needed to wash my hands but wanted to finish with all the bin touching. I couldn't get the two
of the bin bag to separate and couldn't do that thing where you lick your fingers to make them sticky to help.
a mundane task hasn't defeated me for a long time. FIVE MINUTES to open a bag.
- An art project I did involved writing code to generate 256 different images. I don't have direct control over
final images, only the code affecting what those images could look like; I'm mainly controlling the
of things happening. I wrote a webpage to breaks down the difference between what was statistically probably vs
actually happened: https://70spop.love/rarity (the tables only work on
the phone if you turn it sideways).
haven't done in 15 years; it was both enjoyable and appalling. I wanted to make the site quickly and involve no
server-side backend framework stuff, so just vanilla html, css, js. I bought an off-the-shelf html "theme" (this
and then hacked it apart to make it do
things I needed. I usually build "up" from a blank canvas; this was tearing down. Leaving far too
CSS behind, at some point, I'll go in and clean it all up.
- This photo from my local town is hurting my brain. The street it's taken on is a reasonably steep slope, and
somehow, the photo hasn't been corrected for either the hill or anything else; it's unsettling.
🤖 🤖 🤖
🔗 🔗 🔗
Blatant self promoting calls to action
You should totally follow me on these social medias, but mainly Instagram
, or sign up for my Newsletter
📸 👍 🐦
|This page has been viewed
|times since April 18th 2021